Sunday, May 01, 2005

Benjamin Zephaniah

I had never heard of Benjamin Zephaniah until a couple of days ago. I had the TV on, I think the station was Sky news(I like to see what main stream media think is news) they had an item called "what would you do if you became prime minister" Benjamin Zephaniah was that days guest. He made some very good comments, so I decided to find out more about him. Below is part of one of his poems and a link to his website.

Nature Trail
By Benjamin Zephaniah
(from 'A Little Book of Vegan Poems')

"At the bottom of my gardens
There’s a hedgehog and a frog
And a lot of creepy-crawlies
Living underneath a log,
There’s a baby daddy long legs
And an easy-going snail
And a family of woodlice,
All are on my nature trail."

There are caterpillars waiting
For their time to come to fly,
There are worms turning the earth over
As ladybirds fly by,
Birds will visit, cats will visit
But they always chose their time
And I've even seen a fox visit
This wild garden of mine.

read the full poem here you will need to scroll down the page a bit to find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home