Saturday, November 12, 2005

Bertrand Russell

I came across a quote from this man Bertrand Russell
“If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence.”


So I did a yahoo search for the book, and read a little snippet. It sounds very interesting so I am putting it on my books to find list.
Amazon.co.uk

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Mike, so true, so true, seems like it is being enhanced by our increasing ability to compartmentalize our lives (aided by technology, and, for some, luxury)

I have started a "speculative fiction" site to build an archive for future "genre" courses and I thought it might be of interest to as you are a Science Fiction fan. Its just getting started...

Speculative Fiction

Michael

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mad Mike said...

Thank you I will take a look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home